Washington: Since the war with Iran began, 757 American soldiers have been wounded and 18 have lost their lives, according to the latest figures released by the US Department of Defense (Pentagon). Meanwhile, efforts to end the conflict remain stalled amid continued deadlock between Washington and Tehran.
The Pentagon added more than 50 names to its casualty list on Wednesday through its Defense Casualty Analysis System (DCAS). According to a CNN report, combined data from the Overseas Operations category and Operation Epic Fury shows that 18 US soldiers have died and 757 have been wounded since the war against Iran began on February 28.

The Pentagon created the Overseas Operations category within DCAS last month specifically to track soldiers killed or wounded since July 7. The department hasn’t offered further detail on this category or clarified exactly which conflict these casualties are tied to. The date, however, lines up with the notification the Trump administration gave Congress stating that a new conflict with Iran had begun under the War Powers Act.
The latest figures come at a time when the Pentagon has already faced criticism over inconsistencies in its casualty reporting. Last month, even as Iranian attacks continued, data on four deaths and several injuries briefly disappeared from the database. The Defense Department attributed the discrepancy to a temporary data disruption before restoring the figures.
The Pentagon has also come under fire for delays in disclosing information about wounded soldiers during the conflict, with officials citing security concerns as the reason. These latest casualty numbers emerge even as diplomatic efforts remain stalled, with the Strait of Hormuz continuing to be a major flashpoint in the standoff. US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that despite the halt in talks with Tehran, the overall situation with Iran remains “very good.” His administration has simultaneously ramped up economic pressure on Iran, threatening strict sanctions against any country that provides financial or commercial support to Tehran.

Trump Issues Warning on Social Media
Trump warned on social media that any country allowing its financial institutions, businesses, airports, or government bodies to serve as a lifeline for Iran would face severe economic consequences. “This will be an economic D-Day,” he wrote, calling on US allies to help Washington isolate and defeat the Iranian threat.
Iran, however, dismissed the threats as hollow and ineffective. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said that increasing economic pressure on Tehran would only lead to further setbacks for the United States. He accused Trump of using the pressure campaign as a distraction from America’s own economic troubles — including rising debt, inflation, and the cost of borrowing.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------