Chhattisgarh in grip of Red terror


Narayanpur: A major encounter is going on between security forces and Naxalites in Abujhmad of Narayanpur, Chhattisgarh. DRG-STF soldiers have surrounded the Naxalites from many sides in the forests of Abujhmad. It is reported that 7 Naxalites have been killed in the encounter.

The soldiers have so far recovered the bodies of 7 Maoist cadres including 2 women. Bastar IG Sundar Raj P. said that a large quantity of weapons and explosives including an AK-47 have been recovered from the spot. Searching has been increased in the area. He said that this encounter is taking place in the forest between Tekmeta and Kakur of Abujhmad in Narayanpur/Kanker border area.

On April 29 also there was an encounter between security forces and Naxalites in Sukma. One Naxalite was killed in this encounter. This encounter took place in Salatong area. The encounter took place here when DRG jawans went out for searching. Many Naxalites were shot in the encounter. After this, the jawans have increased the search here.

Naxalite encounters have increased in many areas of Chhattisgarh these days. The biggest encounter among these encounters took place on 16 April. This encounter took place in Kanker. 29 Naxalites were killed in the encounter between security forces and Naxalites. This encounter was so big that additional forces were sent for the soldiers.

A large number of automatic weapons including AK-47 were recovered by the security forces from here. Top Naxalite commander Shankar Rao was also killed among the Naxalites killed during this time. He had a reward of Rs 25 lakh on his head.

An encounter also took place in Hidur area in Kanker district on March 3 last month. A soldier was martyred in this encounter in the forest of Hidur. The name of the soldier was Bastar Fighters constable Ramesh Kurethi. The security forces found an AK-47 along with the body of a Maoist here. According to the information, this encounter took place when the soldiers went out for searching in the forest of Hidur. As soon as they reached the interior area, the Naxalites opened fire. This encounter lasted for about an hour.


Related posts